Video games are becoming ever popular. They have advanced from the olden days of big consoles with gear-type joysticks to the modern-day small gaming consoles. Gamers now take part in competitions and battle each other for victory.
If you love playing or watching video games and want to know how to gamble on them, this is the right article. We will discuss all the essential things you need to get started and walk you through the whole process. In addition, we will give you tips to help make your gambling experience a great one. Without further ado, let’s get started.
How to Bet on Video Games
Several top bookies have an esports (electronic sports) section to bet on popular video games like CS GO. These are games played by different gamers and teams from all over the world. Here is how to bet on video games.
Join an Esports Betting Site
Betting on video games is like every other form of online gambling. You need to create an account with an esports bookie. There are several CS GO gambling sites around, so take your time to choose the best one. Once on the site of the bookie of your choice, click on the Register/Signup button. This will load the registration page, where you will be asked to provide some basic details like your name, address, phone number, date of birth, and email address.
Fill in the form and click “I agree” to proceed. The operator will forward an activation link or code to your email address to activate the new esports betting account.
Fund Your Esports Betting Account
To fund your betting account, the next step is to use one of the accepted payment methods. This includes credit cards and bank transfers. The best esports betting sites accept various payment methods, including e-wallets, credit/debit cards, vouchers, and cryptocurrencies. You can also claim the welcome bonus of the bookie after reading through the bonus terms and conditions.
Place Your Bets
With money in your betting account, the last step is to place the bet. Head over to the esports section of the bookie, choose the esports game and event of your choice, and select your predictions to fill the betting slip. After that, you choose the type of bet you want to place, whether singles, accumulator, or round robins, and place your bet.
Types of Betting Markets in Esports
If you are new to betting on video games, you need to learn the different betting markets available. These are the types of predictions you can bet on, and some have higher odds than others due to their nature. Here are some popular betting markets in esports.
- Match Winner: In match winner bets, you are wagering money on the gamer or team to win an esports match. Placing this type of bet is very straightforward.
- Totals Under/Over: Many esports betting sites also offer totals under/over bets where you can bet that a certain event will be under or over a specific value. Example: You could predict the number of maps to be played on CS GO.
- Correct Score: A bit similar to totals under/over bets, the correct score bet involves betting on the actual value of an event. For instance, you can bet that a League of Legends game will end in 2:1.
- Handicap: You can also place handicap bets. A handicap is a positive or negative advantage that a bookie gives a team to balance the odds. For example, you can bet on a team with a +2 handicap to win. If the game ends in their opponent winning 1:0, your bet will still be successful.
- Proposition Bets: Apart from the regular bet types we’ve discussed, you can also place proposition bets that do not depend on a game’s overall score. For example, you can bet on the player of a tournament and so on.
How to Choose a Good Esports Betting Site
There are several esports betting sites around. However, not all of them are a good choice for players. If you want to enjoy a great experience gambling on video games, you need to play at a top esports bookie. Here are some important tips that can help you make the best choice.
- Make sure a relevant regulatory authority licenses the bookmaker
- Consider the odds and go for bookies that offer higher odds
- Check the available bonuses and promotions
- Take into account the banking methods available
- Test the customer support options
Summing It Up
We’ve discussed how to gamble on video games in this article. You need to register with an esports betting site before you can start betting on games. You also need to be informed about the markets available, so you know what and how to predict. It’s also advisable for you to choose your bookmakers carefully in order to get the best experience when gambling. Consider factors like licensing, security, odds, markets, bonuses, payment methods, and customer support. In addition, you can read more guides about esports betting to learn about strategies to use and factors to consider to make the right predictions.