The Windows Insider program has been a major success for Microsoft, with millions of users testing and providing feedback to the company’s Edge browser, resulting in a speedy, feature-rich browsing experience. Last week, Microsoft announced Edge Dev 93.0.926.0, which brings the final bits of the browser to the Windows Insider Fast ring, and around 1,500 of our very own users have already downloaded and installed the preview on their Windows 10 devices.
Microsoft Edge is the new web browser that is part of Windows 10. It’s the reworked version of Internet Explorer and it’s now a UWP app. Edge is constantly evolving to provide a better and more complete web browsing experience. Developers can now update their websites with Edge to make them work better with Edge. The Dev version of Edge can now be downloaded from the Windows Store.
The latest version of the Windows 10 browser, Microsoft Edge Dev 93.0.926.0 is now available for all users. It’s a public release, so go ahead and check it out! This release adds a few features to the browser, including tabs/windows resizing, starting/stopping tabs, and in-page clipboard support. (Windows 10 users should know that Dev 93.0.926.0 is available both to Windows 10 PCs and to Windows 10 Mobile devices.. Read more about winaero and let us know what you think.Microsoft has released a new version of Microsoft Edge 93.0.926.0, based on Chromium for Channel Dev Insiders, which brings a number of new features and several fixes and improvements.
Changes to Microsoft Edge Dev 93.0.926.0
- The ability to import passwords from a CSV file is enabled by default.
- By default, the ability to change the font is enabled in the Immersive Reader.
- The child mode is enabled by default.
- Added more themes in child mode.
- Added a hotkey to switch from vertical to horizontal tab layout.
- Added a message to the update settings page warning that the browser cannot be restarted to install the update because it was opened on the device by another user.
- Added a confirmation on the first press of F12, so the user can disable it as an access point to Dev Tools. You can turn this on or off at any time in the settings.
- Support for Chromium control policies to determine which insecure private network requests are allowed, to determine the list of insecure private network requests allowed for which urls, and to control the enabling of triple DES which allows/disallows the use of 3DES cipher suites in TLS.
- A startup error has been corrected.
- A shutdown error has been corrected.
- Fixed an issue where some web pages could crash with the STATUS_BREAKPOINT error message.
- Correction of suspension in case of opening of new doors or windows.
- An error when posting comments has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug when browsing some logs in IE mode tabs.
- Fixed an issue where installing a browser sometimes made it impossible to update another browser on the same machine.
- Fixed an issue where the web widget sometimes stayed empty or didn’t load.
- The number of PDF files that can be opened simultaneously has been increased.
- Fixed an issue where clicking in the middle of a folder in the Favorites panel did not open all the favorites in that subfolder in new tabs.
- Fixed an issue where shortcuts to the PWA didn’t always work after a browser update.
- Fixed an issue where a login prompt repeatedly appeared when opening some PDF files and reappeared even after closing the PDF file.
- Fixed an issue where guided switch settings sometimes could not be changed or deleted.
- Fixed an issue where dragging vertical tabs did not correctly follow the mouse cursor.
- There’s no reason not to. There’s no reason not to, there’s no reason not to.
- Fixed an issue where the –start-minimized command line indicator was not working.
- Fixed an issue where Office files sometimes failed to download.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Office documents from opening in child mode.
- Fixed an issue where pages would sometimes rotate unexpectedly when printing multiple pages on the same sheet.
- Fixed an issue where the Web Capture toolbar could sometimes stay on the screen unexpectedly.
- Fixed an issue where the browser’s profile picture was not always displayed where it should be.
- Fixed a visual bug with extensions in PWA.
- Fixed an issue where application information for PWAs or websites installed as applications was sometimes incorrect or missing.
- Fixed an issue where prices for collectibles were not being displayed on purchase pages.
- Fixed an issue where it was not possible to download multiple files from the same website in IE mode.
- The administrative policy governing the activation of the Legacy Same Site Cookie Behavior option has expired.
- Changed the control policy to determine how the ribbon type is set on the new tab.
- Some extensions, such as. B. the Microsoft Editor extension, do not work under Linux. Once installed, an error occurs and they stop. We are currently conducting an investigation.
- Users of some ad blocking extensions may encounter errors when playing on Youtube. Alternatively, you can resume playback by temporarily disabling the extension. For more information, see this help article.
- Some users are still experiencing the following problem: all tabs and extensions immediately crash with the STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_HASH error message. The most common cause of this error is outdated security software or antivirus software from vendors like Symantec. In this case, updating this software solves the problem.
- Kaspersky Internet Suite users who have installed the corresponding extension may experience problems loading websites such as Gmail. This failure is due to the fact that the main Kaspersky software is outdated. This can be remedied by making sure the latest version is installed.
- Some users still see duplicate bookmarks. This issue should decrease now that automatic deduplication is implemented in the Insider streams, but we are still implementing it in the stable release. We also found duplication when the manual deduplicator was run on multiple machines before each machine had time to fully synchronize its changes. Ensure that sufficient time has elapsed between deduplicator runs.
- Some users experience wobbly scrolling with trackpad or touchscreen gestures, where scrolling in one dimension causes the page to move back and forth slightly in another dimension. Note that this only affects some websites and seems to be worse on some devices. This is likely due to our ongoing work to adapt scrolling to inherited edge behavior. So, if this behavior is unwanted, you can temporarily disable it by unchecking the edge://flags/#edge-experimental-scrolling flag.
If you are already using Edge Dev on your computer, you will receive the update automatically. To speed up the process, open the browser and go to Settings > About Microsoft Edge. The browser will install the latest updates.
You can download Microsoft Edge Dev powered by Chromium from the official Edge Insider site.
Please support us.
Winaero is really counting on your support. You can help the site continue to provide you with interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
By Sergey Tkachenko on 24. June 2021 in Microsoft Edge.
About Sergei Tkachenko
Sergey Tkachenko is a Russian software developer who founded Winaero in 2011. In this blog Sergey writes about everything related to Microsoft, Windows and popular software. Follow him on Telegram, Twitter and YouTube.This month saw the release of a new Windows 10 Insider Preview build for Microsoft Edge, the mobile Web browser that has become the go-to for many folks around the world. That means it’s time to take a look at Edge and see how it’s changed since the last time we did so.. Read more about windows 10 20h2 uninstall edge and let us know what you think.
winaerouninstall microsoft edge updateuninstall new edgehow to disable microsoft edge 2020windows 10 20h2 uninstall edgeuninstall chromium edge,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,winaero,uninstall microsoft edge update,uninstall new edge,how to disable microsoft edge 2020,windows 10 20h2 uninstall edge,uninstall chromium edge,can i uninstall microsoft edge,how to uninstall the new microsoft edge